Smouldering paper and cardboard led to a call out for the fire brigade yesterday.

North Wales Fire and Rescue Service was called out to Barmouth yesterday afternoon following reports of smoke coming from a house.

A service spokesperson said: "We were called to a detached two storey property in Barmouth yesterday, Tuesday 26th September at 14.55.

"Fire crews responded to reports of smoke issuing, and upon investigation if was found to be just paper and cardboard in the attic space smouldering."