This year’s sixth form students, despite the challenges faced during the recent pandemic, have succeeded this year, with 78.1 per cent of students achieving three or more A levels at A*-C with 46.2 per cent of the grades achieved being A*-A.
100 per cent have achieved at least 2A*-E grades.
The results in several academic subjects are very high this year including Mathematics/Additional Mathematics, Chemistry, Music, Art and Geography, and vocational results again continue to be very praiseworthy.
Headteacher Dafydd Jones said: “I congratulate all the sixth form students this year for their fabulous results; they have shown excellent resilience and commitment to overcome the challenges presented to them over the recent years since the Covid pandemic started.
“I want to also praise and thank the teachers and all staff at Ysgol Bro Hyddgen who have worked hard over the recent years and have adapted very capably to whatever the unexpected changes that have risen to provide teaching and learning provision of a very high standard which has enabled these students to achieve so well.
“It is also essential to stress the importance of parental support which has also contributed very effectively to the success seen this year.
“Throughout their time at the school this cohort has proved themselves to be very positive and constructive contributors to school life and have consistently since year 7 achieved to an excellent standard in their work.
“I wish all the students the best for the future, and look forward to hearing about the bright developments and exciting achievements they will experience in the forthcoming years.”
Amongst this year’s notable results are:
- Oskar Bond - 4A*s in Mathematics, Additional Mathematics, Physics and Computer Science
- Non Bleddyn-Jones - A* in Welsh, A in Geography, B in English and A in the Welsh Baccalaureate
- Jessica Chick A* in Art and 2As in Biology and Chemistry
- Huw Hickman - A* in Design and Technology and 3As in Mathematics, Physics and the Welsh Baccalaureate
- Mari Fychan - A* in Music, A in Drama, 2Bs in Welsh and the Welsh Baccalaureate
- Branwen Roberts - 2A*s in Geography and the Welsh Baccalaureate, A in Welsh and C in History
- Lois Hughes - A* in Drama, 2As in Music and the Welsh Baccalaureate and B in Welsh
- Nieve Murphy-Mayo - A* in the Welsh Baccalaureate, A in Physical Education, B in Mathematics and C in Biology
- Morfudd Fenwick - A* in Art, B in English and D in History
- Ffion Evans - 2As in Geography and Medical Sciences, Distinction* in Agriculture and B in the Welsh Baccalaureate
- Ela Pugh - 3As in Physical Education, Medical Sciences and Welsh Baccalaureate, and C in Psychology
- Morgan Vaughan - Distinction* in ICT, A in the Welsh Baccalaureate, B in Physical Education and C in History
- Ben Clive - 2 As in Mathematics and Chemistry, B in Additional Mathematics and C in Physics
- Johann Jones – Distinction* in ICT, 2As in Medical Sciences and the Welsh Baccalaureate, and C in Histor