FFOSTRASOL suffered their first defeat of the season after Costcutter Ceredigion League Division One hosts Crymych ran out deserved 3-1 winners.

Crymych were two goals to the good at the break thanks to Rhodri George and Arwel Davies and Mckenze McDonald put them out of sight with a third on 71 minutes.

The visitors’ only consolation was an own goal by Ross McDonald.

Dewi Stars continued their excellent start to the season with an outstanding victory against a very good Cardigan side,who themselves have started brightly.

The game itself was a credit to the league with both teams playing skillful football and play switching at a fast pace from one end to another.

The Stars got the better of the early exchanges, and on 20 minutes were awarded a penalty when custodian Iestyn Evans tripped Owen Davies in the box.

However Evans made amends with an outstanding full length save low to his right from Gethin Thomas, and shortly after he was at it again, this time thwarting Leon Holmes with a high class stop.

But it was Holmes who put the hosts in the lead on the stroke of half time with a superb 25 yard curler into the top corner after first class work from 16-year-old Llyr Davies, giving Evans no chance.

Try as they might ,the Stars could not add to their total as Iwan Jones and Liam Doherty thwarted attack after attack, while Llion Williams and Callum Davies worked tirelessly to try and carve an opening for the visitors.

However on 71 minutes Steffan Thomas reacted quicker than anyone in the box to turn and smash the ball into the roof of the net for a two-goal lead.

Cardigan kept plugging away, and with five minutes remaining they got their reward when Iwan Davies pounced on a loose ball in the box to halve the deficit, and set up a tense finish.

But in added time the Stars made sure of the three points after Leon Holmes made strides along the by line from a corner and fed the predatory Rupert Geddes who slid home the third goal from the edge of the box to the delight of the large home crowd.

St Dogmaels beat Lampeter Town 3-0 thanks to Gwylim Rees, Luke Jones and Adam Williams whilst Llanboidy secured the same scoreline at New Quay, the goals scored by Philip Howells (2) and Adam Moore.

Osian Dewi Mason Evans grabbed a hat-trick as Llandysul saw off Division Two visitors Crymych Resreves in style with an 8-0 win. He was joined on the scoresheet by Harri Wilson, Ellis Wilson, Thomas Fayers, Liam Wordsell and a Dafydd Vaughan own goal.

In the other Division Two match played Ffostrasol Reserves were 3-1 winners against Felinfach Reserves courtesy of Steffan Davies, Matthew Wilcox and Luke Evans after Rhodri Thomas had given the visitors the lead on the half hour.

Lampeter Town Reserves were the big winners in Division Three with five unanswered goals by Luke Davies-Lovell, Owen Harrison, Mark Rivers, Riley Lovell and Terry Witts.

Crannog Reserves beat visitors Maesglas Reserves by the odd goal in seven Paul Clack (2), Dafydd Evans and Robin Young netting for the hosts with replies by Jan Dirda, Jonathan Kinsella and Kyle Rowland.

It was also a close affair between Bargod Rangers Reserves and Llandysul Reserves who lost 3-2 on the road.

Caleb Ponsonby-Lewes and Steven James had given the hosts the early initiative but Dysul came back strongly with a couple of Matthew Newbold strikes.

With the game heading for a draw, Steffan Thomas swung the game Bargod’s way with five minute to go.